Personal Data Collection Declaration
To take act in concert with the exercise of Enforcement Rules of the Personal Data Protection Act, the Letterbox will not arbitrarily provide your personal data to a third party without your consent. Upon receipt of your email, your email will be transferred to the medical institution, which will reply to you directly. Therefore, your basic personal data (ex., name, contact number, email and so on) will be transferred to the business unit together with the email content.
In order to proceed the handling of “online counselling request”, Department of Health, Taipei City Government (hereinafter referred to as the Department) must collect, process and use your personal data. To protect your legitimate rights and interests, please read the following carefully:
I. The purpose of the collection
- The purpose of collecting your personal data is to handle and reply to your online inquiry request. During the collection, processing and use of your personal data, the Department will ensure the accuracy, appropriateness and security thereof in accordance with Personal Data Protection Act and related regulations.
II. The categories of the personal data to be collected
You can provide your personal data according to your counselling needs (ex., the name, email or mobile phone number of the contact person) to facilitate the Department’s message replying or contact related works.
III. The time period, territory, recipients, and methods of which the personal data is used
- Territory: International transmission conducted within the territory of the Republic of China and by law.
- Recipients: Be used by the Department or be provided to the Department’s authority in charge of the business or a third party as prescribed by law.
- Methods: The Department will collect, process and use your electronic or written personal data.
IV. The data subject's rights and the methods for exercising such rights
You can exercise the following rights as described in Article 3 of Personal Data Protection Act by presenting your documents at the Department: (1)make an inquiry of or to review your personal data; (2)request a copy of your personal data; (3) supplement or correct your personal data; (4) demand the cessation of the collection, processing or use of your personal data; (5) erase your personal data. Nevertheless, the erase may be voided if the personal data that are required to conduct the business; if the specific purpose of data collection still exists; or if the personal data have not expired.
V. The data subject's rights and interests that will be affected if he/she elects not to provide his/her personal data
- If you fail or are unable to provide above personal data to the Department, the Department will not be able to reply to your request.
- To avoid wasting administrative resources, please fill your real name, email address and contact information (email and telephone). With respect to your provided information, the Department will not disclose it public or use it for other purposes as prescribed by Personal Data Protection Act and related regulations. The said information will be used by the unit undertaking the business and for the purpose of contact only. Where the information is found incomplete or untrue, the Department will not handle your request in accordance with Article 173 of Administrative Procedure Act.