North Taipei (Beitou District & Shilin District)
Hot Spring & History Tour
- Beitou Hot Spring Park → Beitou Hot Spring Museum → Taiwan Folk Arts Museum → Hot springs cuisine → Historic hot spring hotels (Yitsun Hotel, Whispering Pine Inn & Long Nice Hot Springs) → Hot spring bath
- Beitou District was first developed as a hot spring area during the Japanese occupation period, and it remains one of the premier hot spring destinations in Taipei today. The springs here are known for their excellent water quality and scenic settings, with a plethora of hot spring hotels and inns to choose from. After your bath, make sure to try the scrumptious local cuisine.
Artistic Feast Tour
- Spot Taipei →Taipei Fine Arts Museum→ Taipei Story House (Yuanshan Villa) → Lin An-tai Historical House (Fujian-style architecture) → Shilin Night Market
- Many of the historic buildings in Taipei have undergone head-to-toe renovations in recent years, turning these older sites into some of the city's newest hot spots. One such site is Spot Taipei—an arthouse cinema, bookstore and café housed in the former residence of the U.S. ambassador. At Yuanshan Villa, originally built by a wealthy local merchant, visitors can learn about traditional culture in Taipei. And for a taste of traditional southern Fujianese architecture make sure to head to Lin An-tai Historical House. The buildings along Zhongshan North Road also offer a fascinating glimpse at the development and evolution of Taipei over the years.
Culture & Scenic Tour
- Lin Yutang House→ Ch'ien Mu House→ National Palace Museum → Chang Dai-chien Memorial Residence → Miramar Entertainment Park
- Yangmingshan is a required stop for anyone who wants to truly experience the cultural spirit of Taipei. The celebrated writer Lin Yutang, historian and educator Ch'ien Mu, and painter Chang Dai-chien were all attracted to this place by the scenic beauty of the Caoshan area, where spring blossoms and fall silver grass add to the changing seasonal charms. This area is also home to National Palace Museum, with its vast chest of Chinese cultural treasures. You can also round out your cultural excursion with pleasures of a more materialistic nature at the Miramar Entertainment Park.